May 23, 2009

Blog Press and Byline continued...

[Blog Press] I have to say that I am really liking this app. For 2.99 you really can't beat the functionality this app offers to Blogger fans and some select other blog domains. This app is a great app to post, edit, add photos, and blog offline. Though I do not have multiple accounts I am sure the option to send to your multiple accounts at the same time is a plus. I have only encountered one issue during use. When I edited a post and added more photos, when checking the post the images were off centered. By that I mean they were completely outside of the post merging with the previous post. Was not a huge problem I just corrected the issue once in Blogger but non the less was not thrilled when I saw the post. Though I do believe the problem may have been more of a page design flaw on my blog. Once you get use to using the app it really puts a joy into mobile blogging. I think my favorite feature is the offline option to save as a draft and post later. That to me seems to be the most productive tool a blogger can have. Beside lugging around a notebook and finding a place to blog. So I give this app 5 out of 5.


[Byline] This app on the other hand has good quality but lacks a feature that I would really like. That is the ability to choose which folders you would like to update. For those who do not know this app allows you to view your Google Reader offline. The problem I have is that I get so many feeds that before it finishes loading I am ready to close the app. Some feeds I subscribe to I really don't want to check the content every thirty minutes or so and I go in and mark them all as read later. It just makes it easier to weed through all the info and find what you are really wanting to know about at that moment. No one has the time to go through over a thousand feeds in a day unless that is your soul job. I don't get paid for so its not my thing. Though I will continue to use the app I would really like to see this option in a future update. My rating for this app is 3 out of 5. The reason is I have ti sift though and wait while the app loads the feeds. This also causes problems when you are trying to scroll to a feed and data keeps moving your screen while you are getting ready to tap on a interesting feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment