May 26, 2009

Not in my infrastructure you don't!

Should Apple and the iPhone integrate with the business world more like Blackberry? My answer is no. Here's why. I have been in the I.T. field for over ten years. 90% of today's I.T. departments are understaffed in today's work place. With all of the technology we are forced to introduce, adopting another platform just does not aid in increased productivity. Companies are pushing their I.T. departments to the limits. "Hey let's incorporate this into our business model and quick!" has been the attitude lately. So why not put the iPhone in? It is just not built around the business environment. Don't get me wrong it has many business functions but it is not the core functionality. Blackberry has a business infrastructure behind it that can give you control and security strong enough for government use. Until Apple builds such a model I say to the CEO's of the world "Yeah Apple has great products but I don't want it in my infrastructure until we can have full control over it!" "Yes we will push your email and can even make our website iPhone friendly but no I will not support it on my secure network."

No comments:

Post a Comment